Oven Fried Bacon

Thursday, April 09, 2015
Bacn and I have never been good friends.  It likes to burn up on me, splatter everywhere, and leave a greasy residue all over my kitchen.  We broke up years ago and only see each other at the occastional restaurant.  The problem is, I miss it.  I recently went to a retreat and saw one of the gals bake our bacon in the oven....which also freed up space on the burners and had the added bonus of letting be better time my dishes.  Assuming bacon is a 'dish.'  Anyway, if...I may be the last person to know this, but....when wanting to cook the perfect/no messy peice of bacon....
Line a tray with foil, I rolled up the four sides as well so the grease wouldn't escape and I was just able to toss this when I pull the bacon off (didn't even have to clean my pan).
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.  Place on paper towels to blot grease.  Eat. Repeat.

No comments