Reindeer Dropping Cookies AKA Muddy Buddy Cookies

Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Nobody ever accused me of too much class.  I saw a cookie recipe on Hoosier Homemade, she found the recipe on Betty Crocker.com....and the cookie love continues here.  Sure, a' muddy buddy cookie' sounds delightful, but given the season...I've altered the name for purposes that fit my needs, and my sense of humor.  I'm sure all my friends are eagerly waiting to see who will receive my jar of reindeer droppings.  Incidentally, this is not the first time I've named something 'reindeer droppings.'  I made place settings a few years ago with No Bake Cookies for Christmas Eve visitors, I haven't hosted Christmas Eve dinner since then, I'm going to ponder the connection, but if you too want to get out of hosting Christmas Eve dinner...I mean, find a last minute gift for a friend, below is how I made my latest 'droppings.' 
Bake Peanut Butter Cookies.  PB Cookies don't spread much as they bake, so make them flat if you would like, or I made mine a little rounded.  No reason.
Once cookies are cooled, dip in chocolate ganache mix.  (1 c. milk chocolate chips, 1/4 c. melted butter, and 1 t. vanilla melted in the microwave, heated and stirred). 
As soon as the cookies are coated with chocolate, drop into a bowl of powdered sugar, and toss lightely. 
 Here are the innards. 
These are pretty good. I think I like the original, chex muddy buddy best, but having a new cookie recipe is never a bad thing!
Linking To:

8 comments

Erin said...

Oh my heck! Yum on the cookies and the name is awesome! I haven't been accused of having too much class EVER either. So I love it! =o)

Mari said...

What da ya mean...they're totally classy! in a class all there own perhaps...but totally classy! And they look seriously delish, Yummm!

I'm hosting my first Food Fight Link party this Friday and would love it if you dropped by and shared.
Happy Holidays
http://www.choochmagooz.blogspot.com

Deb said...

love it...

Kerri said...

These are so fun...what a cute idea! Love your packaging!

Lisa said...

These look so yummy! Maybe the name isn't the best, but how can cookies be bad?!? : )

megan {homemade ginger} said...

hilarious!! and they look so yummy.

I'm hosting a giveaway right now that you might be interested in!

Katie said...

They look yummy, like always! I think the name alone would give my daughter a thrill. She'd crack up for sure.

Anji* said...

YUM YUM!!! :)